At Lumeto, we believe that scalable immersive training solutions will empower and revolutionize the way in which we re-skill and upskill our workforce. Our spatial training solutions can reduce or eliminate travel and simulation costs, improve trainee retention, reduce new employee ramp up times, and dramatically improve on-the-job efficiency.
The right people take on challenges that come with building new technologies head on! We need people to help us drive a new wave of effective training and team collaboration, working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions. We’re entering our next stage of growth and are looking for energetic, solution oriented and curious minds to join us as we build the foundation of our company.
We are looking for a Director, Engineering to join our growing Technology team. Currently a distributed team of ~30 Engineers and Technical Artists/Designers, we are going through a period of scale and as our new leader you’ll help set the team and everyone on it up for success. This is not a hands-on coding role — most of your time will be spent working to plan, prioritize, organize and optimize the work of our team as we continue to grow.
Your areas of ownership
- People: you will own resource planning, recruiting and growth/development for our team, making sure we have the right people in the right roles to deliver successfully. This will include allocating team members across projects, working with direct reports to help them build up their skill sets, and fostering an engineering culture that focuses on continuous growth and development. You will lead both IC’s and Managers, and act indirectly as a coach to the entire team.
- Process: as we scale, you will own the processes, systems and infrastructure that allows our team to continue to deliver. This will mean enhancing new capabilities from scratch, optimizing existing processes (around scrum/agile and DevOps delivery) and working with very cross-functional teams to drive change at all levels.
- SaaS Technical Leadership: you will own the delivery and execution of Lumeto’s solutions and products, build a deeper and optimized engineering culture into our team, further contributing to the way we think about CI/CD, technical QA (vs. just functional) and delivery/release management to the market. Although not hands-on in building, you will ensure alignment with our technical vision and drive progress/growth on all fronts.
- You have a proven track record of both building/scaling engineering teams, with experience leading multiple teams simultaneously and managing architects, developers and managers
- You have built and shipped technical products (ideally VR, AR or other online interactive products) and have worked in the enterprise and/or B2B space
- You have built a high-performing engineering culture and understand both what you did to build that culture, and what you’d do differently when given the chance to build it again
- You have experience driving change management, owning complex team and resource planning, and collaborating with external technical partners on delivering large projects
About our Tech Org
- Currently ~30 people, working across Engineering, QA, Technical Artist and Technical Design roles
- We primarily work in C++ and UnrealEngine, building for the Oculus Quest platform
- We use a Cloud-based architecture in both AWS and Azure (with Cognitive Services)
What to Expect
- Interview process: you will hear back from us within 3 days of applying, and will get a response either way. In our process you will chat with Brett, Kavi (CPO), Ben (CTO), Raja (CEO) and other members of our team.
- Location: this role will be primarily based out of our Toronto studio, with flexibility to work from home when needed.